Friday, February 28, 2020

Filming day... again

Today, February 26, we attempted filming again... it went well however we need to make some improvement. When we filmed, I suggested that we should focus on the ending bedroom scene because we were only able to film from 4:00pm to 5:30pm because of our schedules, but, we wanted to keep getting as much raw footage we can get so re-shoots wouldn't have to happen before the peer review day on March 3. Once we got to Montana's house to film, I changed my clothes into the costume we saw fit that was the same as the one I wore to the lake filming day. While we filmed, I was mostly the director and actor, directing in the beginning and acting at the end when I was needed. While I directed, I made several adjustments to the room to make it look more like night as it was around 4:45 when we began to film. Some of the adjustments I made were: pulling a second layer of the blinds out to cover the window more and only letting in cracks of light that were more a light white, sort of like the moonlight, coming through making for a perfect set for a middle of the night dream. I also was a camera man as I was the tallest to get the high angles that we needed as well as quiet enough so footsteps wouldn't be heard. One issue we encountered was one of our actors breaking character at times making for scenes that we could not consider because of a crack of a smile during a scene. This persisted for some scenes, however, at times she would remain serious and we would get the shots we needed. Also, I was an actor throughout this film, so when needed I switched positions with one of my group mates. As an actor I needed to stand over the victim and draw the weapon before it cuts to a black scene. I completed my role and then we dumped all footage onto my laptop where it will stay until we edit our film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Essay

Audience and Institution Essay Question: “To what extent is digital distribution vital to the media area you have studied?” With...