Thursday, February 27, 2020

Editing day: Editing the bedroom scene

It has finally come time to edit some parts of our film that we were able to record during the week. During the course of the week, we went to a group member's house and we were able to capture the ending scenes of our original movie intro. In our storyboard, the girl jumps out of what seems to be a bad dream of being chased, however, the dream becomes reality after the same character that was seen chasing her reappears in her bedroom. To edit the movie we decided on the iMovie program in apple computers. All raw footage was dumped onto my personal laptop where I dragged and placed the scenes into the open iMovie editing area. During the editing process, I covered the transitions between the scenes that are being used as well the sounds in the film. While moving through the different scenes and angles several times, I began to find the rhythm of startling events so I decided to use jumpshots as well as some cross screens but I found that the split screens do not work as well with film as it does for video games. Also, during our editing process I was also entrusted with covering all the sounds in the film, whether they are diegetic or non-diegetic. For example, I usually had to alter the sound by lowering the volume of it so it wouldn't overpower the heavy breathing used in our film. Another example would be me using the different sound tools already in iMovie and finding their place within our film without it seeming unnatural to our film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Essay

Audience and Institution Essay Question: “To what extent is digital distribution vital to the media area you have studied?” With...