Friday, January 17, 2020

Here we go again... Final Task

     Hey, it's James again and we are beginning another exciting and fun filming process; this time with a bit more weight on it. I am still a junior at Fort Lauderdale High School and in pursuit of my Cambridge Diploma here as well. Since last time I've gotten my cast off finally and have been able to swim again hahaha. Our teachers for this course continue to help us expand our understanding of the film process and integrate it into our everyday lives. For instance, as I watch any piece of film, whether it be a movie or tv show, I begin to notice the different kids of shots as well as sounds and editing techniques since I've learned about them. In our final task I will be working with Lucy, Reese, and Montana.
    Anyways, since our last project being a music video, I have expanded my knowledge and skills of the film making process. For example, since the last project; I have mastered iMovie studios and can finally use all devices and gadgets that are in it. Not only have I learned new software, but I have also have learned what works best in certain scenarios and how to implement them in my work. For example, from previous projects I had little knowledge as to how to change the plan and improvise based on what we want our final result to come out like. Now, I have developed the capability of thinking on the fly for certain scenes that may not have worked out.
     For our new project, the final task, we have had to submit 3 separate pitches as options for our 2 minute original intro. A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less; usually fitting in one sentence. Our 3 pitches we have come to are :
 1)  Kidnapping- Maybe I should have stayed asleep that night, maybe things would have been different
 2) Cops and Robbers- We both went in to save the day, only one of us made it out.
 3) Murder Dream- I could've sworn it was just another nightmare, but after what I saw in my room it must've come alive.
 
 Below there are two photos of us working and researching our new topics as well as coming up with the pitch ideas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Essay

Audience and Institution Essay Question: “To what extent is digital distribution vital to the media area you have studied?” With...